Vermiculite Insulation Boards
Low Cost | Good Insulation | High Strength
Wedge W-VCL high temperature insulating boards are manufactured with base material exfoliated vermiculite and inorganic binders.
The material is free of asbestos and organic substances. Vermiculite is an aluminium-magnesium layer silicate, which bloats to ultralightweight granulates through heating and is processed to boards, bricks and shaped parts through a compression mould procedure.
• High thermal shock resistance.
• Can be applied in the furnace at fire side.
• Fireproof, Non-combustible A1, excellent fire protection.
• No smoke nuisance during heating-up.
• Low thermal conductivity.
• High electrical resistance.
• Easy handling and installation.
• High thermal resistance.
• Good chemical resistance to acids, alkalis and exhaust gases.
• Industrial furnace construction for thermal insulation.
• Hot face directly in the furnace and backup insulation.
• Widely used in Aluminium Melting furnace, Steel ladle, tundish, torpedo ladle, glass melting as backup insulation.
• Household appliances: Night storage heaters, Boilers, Hearths, Vessels and tanks.
• Fireplace linings, hot stove.
• Resistant to CO and CH4 atmosphere;
• Non wetted by fluid aluminium, kryolite and flouride.
Download the Technical Data Sheet of Wedge Vermiculite Boards.