High Density Calcium Silicate Boards & Designs
Wedge high density Calcium Silicate Boards are manufactured with Filter Press Technology to achieve very high strength, high temperature insulation, high machinability, and non-wettability to molten metals. These boards and machined ready to use designs are most suitable as thermal insulation for processes in direct contact with molten aluminium such as transfer ladle, casting, holding, metal bath furnace in launders, spouts, floats, hot top ring headers, and holding furnaces for die-casting.
• Low thermal conductivity, Low heat capacity Molten aluminium can be transferred with minimal reduction in temperature.
• Used for the lining of the holding furnace, energy savings can be achieved by raising temperature in a shorter time than conventional castable.
• Excellent machinability for variety of shapes such as floats, spouts, hot top ring headers, etc.
• It is non-wettable with molten aluminium, so it is easy to remove solidified metal.
• Molten aluminium launders.
• Molten aluminium baths for holding furnaces
• Floats, spouts, stopper pins.
• Hot top ring headers, Floats, Spouts, etc.
• Distribution boxes, dams, baffles, filter boxes,
• Troughs, head boxes,
• Working lining in low energy aluminium die cast holding