Wedge Millboards are non asbestos and non ceramic fibre millboard sheets for high temperature applications in all industries upto 1000 Degree C.
The main size = 1000 x 1000 mm for insulation
The larger size = 2400 x 1200 mm is available for Heat Sheild, Fire Resistant Wall, and Fire Doors application.
Thicknesses from 1.5mm to 12mm.
Low thermal conductivity (K value), typically 0.12 W/mK, making them a first choice for thermal insulation applications.
At a density of typically 1,000 kg/m3 they are rigid, strong, and can be used in sheet form or cut to produce gaskets and seals. They are all exonerated products in accordance with the European Directive 97/69 EC on Classification, Packaging, and Labelling of Dangerous Substances.
Wiodely used worldwide in iron & steel foundries, melt shops, metallurgical and pouring control systems, and feeding systems.
Typical applications of Millboards include:
1. Roll coverings for Lehr rolls in the float and flat glass processing
2. Heatshields in molten metal casting
3. Mould seals in spin casting of metal tubes and valves
4. General gasketing in domestic appliances.
5. Sacrificial linings in primary aluminium melting pots.
6. High temperature gaskets and seals.
7. Refractory back-up on furnaces.
8. Combustion chamber linings.
9. Fire Ressistant Door Manufacturing
10. Fire Resistant Wall Manufactruing